Tranquil Reverie

Friday, January 11, 2008

Down the '07 Memory Lane...

All experience is an arch where through gleams that untraveled world, whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnish'd, not to shine in use!
As tho' to breathe were life!

-- Ulysses (Lord Alfred Tennyson)


Chowki Dhani at the 'Pink City' is the place to get a peek into the rich cultural heritage and traditions of the people of Rajasthan. A toast to the good times we* had during our visit to Jaipur in the peak of summer!


* Priyank, Sharath, Diya, Raegan, Yatesh n me


The Indian Railways has among its ranks an unique type of locomotive which is a hybrid between a train and a bus! Christened as 'Rail Bus', these can be found at Bangarpet, Shimoga, Shimla, Gwalior, Naupada, Mathura and Ahmadpur.


** Fr Cyriac n me


We* were quick to get on our feet during the transit at Hong Kong. An exciting ride aboard the 'Peak Tram' took us atop a hill called 'The Peak' which offers several beautiful vistas of the city.


* Hari, Ajay, Sanjeev n me

Trains have always fascinated me. That is the reason why this picture scored over the rest in an absolutely fun filled trip to Hyderabad. While on the train, we* spent most of our waking hours at the door.


* Bhanu, Hari, Nagesh, Krupa n me

It was a day's stop over at Bangkok en route to Bangalore from San Fransisco. Cruising along the one of the numerous waterways in the city, we* alighted at a traditional Thai house while on our way to the 'Great Palace'.


* Hari, Ajay, Sanjeev, Pavan n me


A beautiful Saturday afternoon, the chilly ocean breeze, in the company of new friends and good old, a touch nostalgic, reliving times bygone, a day etched in memory.... The Pebble Beach, California.


** Rupak, Hari, Antony, SOAPY n me


Sivanasamudra which has the majestic Gaganachukki and Bharachukki waterfalls is a popular haunt for those Bangaloreans who yearn for a respite from the ever growing din and pollution of the city.


** Jaishri, Ashish, Shammi, Param n me

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I told you... Itz time you treated yourself with a SLR... I know I know... take your time.. but do buy one!!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now the blog is complete.. I like consistent * style....

2:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I liked the Hyderabad train pic. The curve, the background. Awesome photography!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home