Tranquil Reverie

Friday, November 02, 2007

Playing with colours...

During the last week I was forced to stay indoors as I happened to contract the conjunctivitis virus which was making its rounds in the city. My daily routine was suddenly thrown out of gear. A severe infection meant that I had to stay home for a couple of days or more and refrain from activities like reading and watching television, which would strain my eyes. I was left with no option but to choose daunting tasks like cleaning my wardrobes to keep myself occupied! Considering that Diwali was round the corner I decided to paint diyas to give as gifts for a few of my special friends. The vibrant hues of the painted diyas prompted me to capture them on my camera. Here are a few random acts that were a result of boredom and solitude!

Before and after...



This picture is for a friend who gave me this sari as a Diwali gift.



I loved the colour contrasts...



Red is a festive colour. So the cushion found a place in this picture.



An attempt to capture a different perspective...



Two's company....

9 Comments:

Blogger Aarti Manoj said...

Hey shalini ,
Its awesome !keep the creative juices flowing.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

As always... simply superb!!!

5:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sooooooper..... too good. Dint know u can make a diya look so pretty :-) I ve now got the josh to try it out too :-)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Uday Mullangi said...

The pics are good!
U can try taking pics after lighting those diyas. It will come damn good.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Arti said...

Hey u r superb man.. so creative and awesome pics... diyas r lovely... best thing bout u is.. u find time to do all the creative stuff

4:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The pictures are real great.Your comments are very special and gives the source of inspiration.The ribbons placed here and there add a lot of life.

let some creative juice flow through your pen please

Cyriac

11:33 PM  
Blogger Suraj said...

guess my english is not all that great coz i m finding it real hard to get the right words for the brilliance above....i actually thought that it was copied from some site ;)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi shalu,its awesome...thinking of using it as my wallpaper with ur permission...

7:57 PM  
Blogger Sharath said...

Very very colourful. More than just a blog!!! Shalini.. add me to your fan list :)

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home